If you are looking for a crowd-pleaser this holiday season, this pie is it! My husband isn’t a pumpkin pie fan, and the kids don’t love pie crust, but this pie is always anticipated this time of year and such a treat. The streusel topping with roasted pecans is my favorite part. Bon appétit!
Caramel-Pecan Apple Pie
- 7 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, room temperature
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cups caramel ice cream topping, room temperature
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with lemon juice and vanilla. Combine pecans, sugars, cinnamon, and the cornstarch; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Pour the caramel topping over bottom of pie crust; top with apple mixture (shell will be full). Drizzle with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans, and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet (to prevent any messes). Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping inis browned. Immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
**Recipe from Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes. 2009.
Shop This Post
As always, thank you so much for reading and make it a great day!