The easiest, no bake, most crowd-pleasing dessert!
I love being in the kitchen. I especially love baking. Many wonderful cooks have surrounded me. Much of my childhood was spent in the kitchen either watching my grandma (she rarely let me help as she was too particular and feared I might mess something up) or watching and helping my mom. I have to admit, since having kids, my time in the kitchen is more of a chore, but I still love it!
These peanut butter bars are a treat I grew up grabbing most visits to grandma and grandpa’s. I could almost always count on opening grandma’s fridge and finding this sweet treat. Maybe they are so good because each bite is a little nostalgic, or maybe they are just that good. You let me know!
These easy-peasy bars consist of simple ingredients, are not fussy to whip up, and will delight your taste buds! I just made a batch and thought I’d share this little gem of a recipe. It’s perfect for summer parties, barbecues and picnics. I hope you enjoy!
Peanut Butter Bars
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup melted butter
1½ cups graham cracker Crumbs
3 cups powdered sugar
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Place all ingredients except chocolate chips into a large bowl, mix together with wooden spoon.
2. Pat the peanut butter mixture into a 9×13 pan. You can use a spatula or your hands.
3. Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl.
4. Spread melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture.
5. Place pan in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes or until chocolate has firmed up a bit. Remove from refrigerator and cut. Place back in fridge for chocolate to fully harden, cut again if needed.
I’d take one of these over a Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup any day! As always, thank you so much for reading and make it a great day! Cheers!