A Monday after a weekend away is always hard! I spent the weekend in Chicago with college friends. It was so fun and truly ‘filled my cup’ socially to be with old friends and catch up. We are definitely a group that picks up right where we left off which is so special. Being back in Chicago was amazing! The streets were bustling, weddings were happening, and it was a great feeling to be in a big city, which I truly love.
- Chicago Girls Weekend Details:
- We stayed at the LondonHouse Chicago. It was really nice. It’s known for its outdoor lounge/bar area that overlooks the Chicago River, Wacker Dr., and Michigan Ave. Unfortunately, with the extremely rainy weather, we didn’t get to experience this, but I would go back and stay here again in hopes of trying it out.
- We kicked off our weekend renting a boat through Island Party Boat Chicago. We had the tiki boat with a slide. It was FUN! Again, the weather was not the greatest, but we made the most of it! Going down the slide, in the drizzle, with the Chicago skyline in the background will not be forgotten anytime soon. The boat ride toured in the harbor area; taking us from the Shed Aquarium to the Ohio St. beach area.
- The Pendry Chicago is a new swanky hotel on South Michigan Ave. We stopped here for happy hour on Saturday evening. Again, they have a beautiful outdoor roof deck, but it was closed due to weather. We enjoyed our cocktails at Bar Pendry, the lobby bar.
- Being back in a big city and walking a lot, I realized just how much I love these sandals. They got soaked in the rain, dried well, and felt like a sneaker as we walked many blocks – an MVP of the weekend!
- If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect Fourth of July dress, this is it! You can order it today and get it by Thursday with free 2-day shipping. It runs true to size.
- I packed this makeup case for the weekend. It’s my first time using it and I am a huge fan! I usually throw all my makeup in a bag then spread it out on the vanity at the hotel. This allowed me to keep my makeup in the bag and easily find everything as I was applying my makeup. It’s a hard case that will protect your items too! All in all, great for the under $20 price tag.
As always, thank you so much for reading and make it a great Monday!